Sunday, March 6, 2011

Technology really is the pits...

You'll never guess where I'm blogging from... a stinking McDonalds parking lot?!?  They have this pretty nice thing now... its called free Wi-Fi!! Now one might ask why this blog is so detrimental that I just had to be here at McDonalds looking all crazy sitting in my car on a lap top... but truth be told it really isn't that necessary. You see I woke up the other morning really early to take a freezing cold shower and spend precious sleep time doing my hair and make up to go out and go job hunting... turns out... it was a huge waste of time. Everyone says the same thing, "well we are always taking applications, just go online and fill it out".. SERIOUSLY!? Just give it to me straight. what they should be saying is "go home and spend an hour filling out an application for a job that you are never going to get"... but they don't. So me being as hopeful as I am, I went home and made NUMEROUS attempts to fill out endless amounts of applications (to add to the hundreds of applications I've probably already filled out of course) and guess what... "we're sorry but your computer is too stupid to connect to the internet right now!" maybe just maybe if I had a job I wouldn't have to leech off others internet service! So needless to say I was beyond frustrated that all my lousy attempts all fell through.. but the best is when I got about half way done or pretty much done and I went to click "continue" and it loads the what I'd like to call "the slap in the face page" you know, the one where they tell you that you are no longer connected to the internet? ya... that one. So yeah, like I said, I'm sitting here looking all crazy using McDonalds wi-fi just so I can apply for jobs, heck since I'm already here I think they should just end my troubles and hire me... surely flipping burgers is a lot more flattering than receiving an unemployment check every two weeks to remind myself of what a failure my work life has been... thanks California, I really appreciate it!

By the way... whatever happened to those paper applications anyways!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment